About Me

My photo
God did it! He helped Andrew finish his Masters of Divinity at Bethlehem College and Seminary! We are now seeking for a full-time ministry position for Andrew, but we are also serving our wonderfully diverse neighborhood while we "wait." :) God is good, and we want to make Him known wherever we are.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Anniversary


Yesterday Andrew and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! Andrew bought me beautiful roses and took me out to a fancy restaurant for dinner, and I woke up when Andrew got home from UPS and made him his favorite breakfast....pancakes! :) We had a wonderful day! Although I am daily mindful of how blessed I am to be Andrew's wife, it was a great day for reflection concerning our marriage. We live a pretty wild and crazy life at the moment, juggling a newborn, a busy toddler, church ministry, school and work for Andrew and of course all the little surprises in between that take us off guard! There are several days a week where I literally only see Andrew for a whole 45 minutes (awake time) before he is off to both jobs, and even then, we maybe get a few quick hellos and I love you's before we have to part! It's even less time than that when the semester us in full gear. So I am thankful to have anniversaries to remind us to slow down and just be together! Andrew is a very thoughtful husband, however, and he does try to get several "just because" date nights in without the kids so we can reconnect as often as possible.

I love my husband. :) For so many reasons, the biggest of them being that He truly helps me love and cherish Christ more. He IS a picture of Christ to me in his sacrifice, compassion, patience, selflessness and strength in leading our family in godly ways. As a result, I see Christ and His love better,and cherish Him more! Wow! Ultimately that is what it is all about! We are MOST happy when we cherish Christ! As we love and serve our Maker, Savior and Lord, we bring Him glory....and in that, we are most satisfied and most happy! So, for my husband to lead me and serve me in such a way that helps me grow spiritually and ultimately be happy in Christ, he is loving me beyond just buying me roses and trying to please me with material things and romantic charms. He is loving me as Christ loves me! Not perfectly of course, as Andrew is NOT Christ and not perfect, but with purpose and care and passion!

Did I mention that I love my husband? Well, three years and two beautiful boys later, I love him more than I did when we first confessed our love for eachother, and more than when we said our vows before God and man! Thank you, gracious and merciful Father, for the blessing of my husband! Through his love and leadership, I am learning to love you more! May you, Lord Jesus, be honored and glorified above all else in our union...may we always have a heart to worship you and bring you glory with our lives!

No comments: