About Me

My photo
God did it! He helped Andrew finish his Masters of Divinity at Bethlehem College and Seminary! We are now seeking for a full-time ministry position for Andrew, but we are also serving our wonderfully diverse neighborhood while we "wait." :) God is good, and we want to make Him known wherever we are.

Friday, December 7, 2007

A Fresh Start

I have finally joined Blogger! I don't know how many folks will actually read this, so this is probably mostly for my benefit to keep afresh new truths revealed to me through God's Word and as I begin this amazing journey of motherhood! Most of my posts will probably consist of things I am learning concerning motherhood, family life, issues concerning Biblical manhood and womanhood and theology. These all have been my growing interests and passion in the last few years since I moved out to Kentucky and I am now wondering how God is going to use these passions of mine to serve him now and in future ministry!

God has been graciously revealing so many great truths to me, especially in the last year or so since Andrew and I got married. Though these truths are indeed great, they can also be hard. For example, I was told on many occassions before I got married that marriage is one of the greatest means of our sanctification. Well, apparently, this is true! :) This last year (well, almost a year! It will be one year January 6th!) has brought about several trials that have revealed sins in my heart that were so easily hidden when I was single! And just coming to the realization of these sins can be a hard thing! But, they can also be a means of granting a fresh reminder of Christ's work on the cross and our standing in him! I won't go into detial in this post concerning these hard lessons I have learned and the sanctification that has come about, but will elaborate more in posts to come. At the moment I have a rascally little boy sitting in my lap who is getting impatient with just sitting with mommy.

By the way, I must say we have the most handsom little man named Daniel who is a huge source of joy in our lives! He's now 2 months old and his sweet little smiles and giggles and gurggles just melt my heart! Whoever said being a stay at home mom is boring and degrading (feminists mainly) has got to be insane! It is a huge blessing and privilege to teach and raise children to love God and grow into godly citizens of this world! Well, now he is hicupping and squirming so I better be off to tend to my little bambino! Blessings to you until next time!

Blessings

No comments: